Craig Fitzgerald on what true car guys do.
A true car guy will shop for cars that look commonplace, dowdy, decontented or even downright ugly just to see the look on the face of a flashier car’s driver when they get dusted at a stop light.
Spoiler Alert! Five killer sleeper cars.
- 1968 Buick GS400 (340 hp, 400-cu.in V-8)
- 1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (10 years on Car and Driver’s 10 Best)
- 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT (250 hp turbo)
- 1989 Dodge Caravan Turbo (I’m not a fan of Chrysler anything)
- 1984 Ford LTD LX (save 5.0-liter V8 in the Mustang)