Julia Bainbridge highlights what might be the best BBQ in the U.S., Aaron Franklin’s BBQ.
- Average wait, in hours: 3 (4-5 on Saturdays)
- Most amount of people in line at the time of opening: 400
- People who get to skip the line: 0
- Hours Anthony Bourdain waited in line: 2.5
- Time the door opens: 10:59 a.m.
- Time the first order is in: 11:00 a.m.
- Time the brisket sells out: 2:30 p.m.
- Number of briskets Aaron cooked before he opened: 20
- Racks of ribs Aaron cooked before he opened: 1
- Number of times Aaron says “flippin’ awesome” in a two-hour interview: 5
Even the BBQ at DFW is good.