Just in case you want to know, or you’ve got a big bet with someone, Kirsten Acuna did the research and came up with the 20 most expensive movies of all time.
A big Hollywood blockbuster often requires a lot of cash. While it doesn’t always take a big production budget to make a break-out hit, the most successful movies are often the costliest.
Here’s the Top 10:
- The Hobbit – $257-million
- Avatar – $261-million
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest – $263-million
- Waterworld – $271-million
- Harry Potter – Half-Blood Prince – $275-million
- Tangled – $281-million
- Spider-Man 3 – $293-million
- Titanic – $294-million
- Cleopatra – $339-million
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Worlds End – $341-million
Obviously, Cleopatra’s costs was adjusted for inflation.