For me, the first one on the list is that fast food and drive-ins are no longer fast, no longer cheap, but Brad Tuttle came up with others.
Here are some fascinating factoids that’ll make for great conversation the next time you’re waiting on line at the drive-thru—and that perhaps will even influence what you order.
Probably not, but here’s the official Spoiler Alert!
- Drive-thru is slower
- Afternoon drive-thrus are faster
- The first drive-thru was not McDonald’s
- McDonald’s first drive-thru was 1975
- Wendy’s drive-thru is fastest
- Chick-fil-A is most accurate drive-thru
- Starbucks has drive-thrus
- Chipotle does not have a drive-thru (yet)