I am continuously fascinated by what comes out of people mouths in the workplace. Many don’t realize that the smallest of sentences can be a real tell about what is going on inside their brains. Some things people say give away a poor attitude, insecurity, or even incompetency. In this day of constant over-sharing, many people forget to think before they speak.
And what do they say that Daum thinks smacks of unprofessionalism? The Spoiler Alert:
- Anything with a curse word
- I am the ‘Real Deal’ (clue; you’re not)
- I am so exhausted (so is everyone else)
- ‘I know, right?’
- You need to trust me.
- Don’t tell the boss (words have legs)
- Can you believe him/her?
- Just go along, OK?
- I know what I’m talking about
- I am so hungover
- They’ll never know
- She’s so hot!
- I need a smoke
- That meeting sucked