I love these lists. They tell a story about a country in change. Chloe Della Costa:
One of the most obvious examples from recent history is the growing popularity of health foods. Consumers are looking more closely at food labels and demanding nutritious and environmentally sustainable options. Everything from Chef Boyardee to soda, bread, milk, cereal, and orange juice have seen significant drops in sales, while organic foods and alternatives like almond milk have seen higher demand.
The inevitable Spoiler Alert!
- Chewing gum (I just bought a pack last week; first one in five years)
- Razors (it’s a generational thing; I still buy them)
- Guns (it’s a ‘return to normal’ thing after record sales)
- Golf equipment (Tiger needs to win something)
- Convertibles (sad to see)