Lynn Taylor with a list of phrases you should never use at work:
Your ability to articulate your thoughts and ideas well have a direct correlation to how well you garner cooperation and persuade others to support your efforts and projects…
The words you choose also convey your emotional intelligence.
A well-spoken person never goes out of style. While it can be tempting to use shortcuts when speaking, go into slang mode, or just follow the crowd, you should try not to.
- Whatever – mixes well with Totally, Like, and Um,
- !@%&$ – cursing is vulgar.
- Literally – it seldom is.
- Oh my God! – OMG isn’t better.
- I know, right?! – I’ll miss that one.