I’ve driven one Caddy in my life. To the senior prom with my date, my best friend, and his date. It was a ’59 Cadillac. These days Caddy’s are a sweet combo of luxury and performance. Thanks to Cadillac’s new president, what’s coming down the line is no longer a secret. From Drive:
- There will be a flagship, but given the segment development, it will not be a large four door sedan
- We ARE planning a comprehensive enhancement to CT6 later during life cycle.
- We ARE planning a large crossover beneath Escalade.
- GM top management and the GM Board of Directors, both groups, incidentally, having repeatedly expressed their support and endorsement of the Cadillac strategy.
- We ARE planning a major refresh for XTS.
- New powertrain applications for the above portfolio, which will include New Energy applications, are also part of the confirmed planning.
- We ARE planning a new Lux 3 sedan entry; We ARE planning a new Lux 2 sedan entry.
- I consider myself to be very well informed about the Cadillac business and planning.
Somewhere a Cadillac public relations person is slapping his or her forehead.