We all know someone who seems a little crazy, and now there’s a list of not-so-hidden signs that someone might be a real, true blue psychopath. Lauren Weiler:
The term “psychopath” was first used by doctors around 1900. They applied this term to patients who had no sense of ethics and lacked empathy. They can be callous and also lack feelings of shame or remorse. Psychopaths also commonly blame others for their mistakes, and when they do admit blame, their apologies can come off as insincere. And some can become easily agitated and frustrated, which may result in hostile outbursts.
Remind you of anyone?
Spoiler Alert (which, in this case saves you 15 pages of advertising):
- They’re immune to yawning stimuli
- They tend to take a lot of selfies (or, maybe tweet a lot)
- They order black coffee (I guess I know a lot of psychopaths)
- They’re bored easily (I’m a psychopath?)
- Anti-social traits as children
- They’ve had several short-lived relationships (uh oh)
- They’re a CEO (I’m safe)