Apple is in the process of ridding itself of the iEverything problem born of the iMac in 1998. Tera Thomas O’Brien has a few ideas:
Here we are 18 years into the 21st century and nearly two decades after iMac debuted, and people still use iEverything, despite Apple working diligently to rid itself of the iProblem. Ever heard of iWatch?
- iMac stays as the desktop Mac; iMac and iMac Pro
- iMovie becomes Apple Movie
- iWork goes the way of iLife (nobody likes to ‘work’)
- iCloud becomes Apple Cloud (good riddance)
- iOS becomes mOS for ‘mobile OS’
- iPhone becomes Apple Phone
- iPad becomes Apple Pad
- iBook becomes Apple Book
What about iTunes?